Fortnite Battle Royale Update v21.50
Fortnite has just done another big update to change things after the Dragon Ball event. According to the article tweeted by the Fortnite Status Twitter account, these changes have been made in Battle Royale v21.50:
- There will be a special event week called Shadows of Phantasm that will run from August 30th at 9:00 AM Eastern until September 7th at 9:00 AM Eastern. Phantasm is one of the characters in the Shop; he has a special pack that will come with weekly quests tied to the character that will unlock more stuff for him.
- As part of this event, the following weapons are being unvaulted: suppressed assault rifles and suppressed SMGs (ground loot and chests), and shadow bombs and shield bubbles (ground, chests, supply drops).
- The Dragon Ball event has ended, but there will still be nimbus clouds and Kamehameha, just at a lower rate.
- They’ve vaulted the Imposters play modes, but they have added stuff to Creative to allow you to create your own.
- Affects to competitive – changes from Shadows of Phantasm week will apply, Late Game Arena starts later the same day as the update, and Zero Build Arena has been turned off.
- Bug fixes.
- The health and shield bars not corresponding to your actual levels has been fixed.
- Kamehameha refilling to three charges when dropped by a player (this means if they had one shot of it left, that’s all you’ll get to use) has been fixed.
- A mobile issue where the “dedicated fire” button option was now working properly has been fixed.
Not listed in the article, there are now “Play Your Way” quests, which are tied to different Creative modes that are in their own section in the mode selector. So try them out if you want to see ways to play other than standard Battle Royale and earn yourself some XP. The bounty boards have reverted to normal. There has also been a change made to Logjam; it is now grayed out on the map until you go there. At the time of this writing, I haven’t gone yet. So, we’ll have to all check for ourselves to see if they turned it back or broke it further. For JHalestorm’s sake, I hoped they fixed it.