75% Of Americans Want Age Limits on the President and Congress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

75% Of Americans Want Age Limits on the President and Congress

Frustration is mounting at the aging of America’s top political leadership. More and more people are showing support for implementing age limits on the most important positions in the government: the President and Congress.

Tis about time.

The US Constitution already has a clear minimum age requirement to hold office, so people are wondering why there could not be a maximum as well.

Because it was thought people would voluntarily retire instead of staying on well past their best-before-date.

In a poll… they found that three in four Americans favor an age limit for members of Congress. More than four in ten said the current ages of our political leaders is a “major problem.” Given that mandatory retirement based on age is standard practice in most other industries, many wonder why this is not standard for the most important and taxing job in the country.

Maybe since originally it was never thought people would become career politicians, instead of serving for a short period of time to server your country, then going back to work in the private sector.

Age caps for politicians aren’t a new concept either. Thirty-one states and even the District of Columbia require all state-level judges to retire when they reach 70-75 years of age.

Time to expand that to include those whom are trying to get elected, from municipal to state to federal level.

If congress won’t do it, then it must be forced at the nomination level.

You want to represent us in congress, then you have to be able to meet the age limits.

“I’m concerned that politics has become a gerontocracy. If I become a shadow of my former self, then it’s time for me to go. There’s something to be said for exiting gracefully.”

But those in power, have a lust for power, and can’t give it up, even if it is in the best interest of the country.

It is time the electorate/voters takes the power back from these deadbeat career politicians.

Biden was declining before the 2020 election which was why no-one wanted him in the WH in the first place. He’s gotten worse mental health wise since. Guy should be in a care home.

DarthVengeant
    Premium

Age limits and term limits for ALL. NOW! Do the research, these people are not rich before they get in office, and within 4 years they are rich after getting into office. Nancy Pelosi and her husbands dealings are a prime example of this fraudulent system we have. They are allowed to get away with stuff you and I would be thrown in jail for. She has a net worth of 120m dollars. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING????????? It pisses me off to no end. Get them out!

The rationale is understandable but replace them with what? Some of the young’uns aren’t much better. Could you imagine the fallout from having an inexperienced, illogical crackpot like AOC as President?

In my opinion there shouldn’t be any limits because that sets a dangerous precedent. For example should we set limits on people who have “unacceptable views” as well?

As usual, the public is too lazy to fight for the change they want to see. Instead of complaining on social media they need to mobilize, hold protests, (dare I say ‘riot’) within their parties to call out flawed and corrupted electoral processes (poor Bernie) and  get the incompetents out.

But that’s not going to happen. Money talks, bulls#!t walks. Most of the population has been brainwashed to attack each other instead of directing that ire toward their leaders.

Vknid

“he public is too lazy to fight for the change they want to see. Instead of complaining on social media they need to mobilize, hold protests”

Not sure this will work because the people in charge don’t give an F what “the people” think.  We don’t have a goverment for the people anymore.  We now have a centralized planning authority that you are expected to do as they say or face the consequences.   Can we change that?  Maybe, but I fear the window to do so is rapidly closing.

At the end of the day, either we handily reject all this nonsense going on in the upcoming elections or we face being conquered by it.

And to be honest.  Most of the insanity could be fixed if people would stop demonizing each other for thinking different things and just listen to one another and work together against the truly bad folks who happen to be a wolf in sheep’s clothing and take advantage of one side or another for their own evil purposes.

Things look bad, but there is hope.  But folks (like you are saying) need to act.

Mustangride1

Age limits is and will NEVER stand up before SCOTUS. An amendment cannot violate another Amendment and Age discrimination is protected against. As to the POLL, It is laughable at best as are all Polls. Term Limits I am all for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates!

NAVIGATION